- Click on the link 'Enrol instructors in page'
- Choose the 'Enrol users' button in the top right hand corner
- In the 'Assign roles' box choose 'Instructor' from the drop-down list
- Use the search box to find the instructor account
- Once found click 'enrol' next to their name
- Once you have found all of the instructors you want to enrol click 'Finish enrolling users'. The system will take you back to the previous screen and you will see your instructors attached to the course page.
The use of groups has been introduced to support paperless courses and electronic marking. It is also the way we will be tracking instructor activity.
In the 'Enrol instructors in page' link, click on the icon under the Group heading and choose the appropriate group(s):
For instructors, the options are:
- Instructor - taught day 1
- Instructor - taught day 2
- Instructor - recertifying
Please note that instructors can belong to more than one group e.g. someone who is recertifying and therefore teaching on both days of the course will be a member of all three groups. If you hold down CTRL as you click on the group, you can enrol them in all three groups at the same time.
For candidates, the options are:
Group A - Red
Group B - Yellow
Group C - Green
Group D - Blue
Remove someone from a group by clicking on the 'X' on the right hand side of the group name.
At the end of the course, ensure all instructors are:
enrolled as instructors
enrolled them in the correct group(s) for the days of the course they taught on - this will ensure that the correct instructor activity levels are logged
if they are recertifying, they are also enrolled in that group too.
If an instructor is unable to teach on the course, then please ensure that you unenrol them no later than the day after the course.
You do this by entering the enrol screen in the same way as above and clicking on the red 'X' in the manual enrolments box next to their name.
By completing these steps all of the instructor details can be collected directly by ALSG and you will not need to submit any further details on activity in the returns process.